Monday, October 17, 2011

Jim Bob's Barbecue Tuna Recipe

When I saw the famous barbecue tuna recipe , it made me cringe. It looked gross. Jim Bob came up with the recipe when Michelle was at a week long mother conference. He was in charge of feeding seven kids under eight and I guess he had no knowledge of how to cook. he fed them peas, corn, and potatoes out of the can.

When it come time for the tuna, Jim Bob couldn't find the mayonnaise so he subbed barbecue sauce. This is now their favorite way to eat tuna. You need two six ounce cans of tuna in water, drained and 18 ounce bottle of barbecue sauce. They use KC Master Piece Barbecue Sauce but I suppose you can use any variety. Mash up the tuna in a bowl and add the sauce. Mix and spread on cracker, bread, or buns. You may need to adjust the recipe if your family is smaller.

1 comment:

  1. I had been wanting to do this, and tonight was the night. I am babysitting for a good friend of mine and she brought with her a can of tuna for the girls... hehehe I busted out my Baby Ray's Barbecue and brown sugar sauce, and POW! This recipe rocks!!! Thank Jim Bob!

    ReplyDelete